Our history at The Engel Burman Group...
is as unique as our business. While competing one day for the same property, we, the principals of The Engel Burman Group, met, connected and saw something special in each other that drove us to team up instead. We may have started as individually established competitors, but we turned into ideal collaborators, and it's this kind of aggressive, open-minded thinking that today typifies The Engel Burman Group. As a privately owned business with origins proudly rooted in Long Island, The Engel Burman Group owns, develops and manages prime properties up and down the Eastern Seaboard — from Montreal to Miami.
The advantage you'll experience in working with The Engel Burman Group is our ability to carry projects to completion. We get them zoned. We get them approved. We get them entitled, planned and constructed. In truth, there isn't a property challenge yet that we haven't overcome. In the process, our business has stimulated outstanding living and working opportunities in the neighborhoods our residents and tenants call home. This is what makes our vital work, truly, a labor of love.
Our commitment to breaking new ground and pioneering new paths has inspired many industry firsts. These are the kinds of unique accomplishments The Engel Burman Group can achieve:
- Developed LI's largest modular housing community The Meadows, which made history on Long Island. Largest land variance ever granted in the Town of Hempstead The land beneath The Bristal at East Meadow, The BelAire and the Fulton Commons nursing home.
- First developers to use Industrial Development Agency (IDA) funds for an Assisted Living development A successful development collaboration that continues today.
- Among the largest housing subdivisions and zone changes ever granted in the Town of Southampton Enabling the development of 168 homes.
- Among the largest zone changes ever granted in the Town of Brookhaven Enabling the development of 240 homes.
- Among the largest zone changes ever granted in the Town of Islip Enabling the development of 252 homes, adjoining the Alfonse D'Amato Courthouse.
- First developers to build under the "Town of Oyster Bay Starter Housing Residence District" zoning code Town of Oyster Bay is the first town in the country to adopt a zoning code for next generation homebuyers.